CRLF issues on checkout (was Re: Gnucash 2.5/6 - jqplot)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Feb 24 04:39:55 EST 2013

Am Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 10:21:00 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> > As for git: The gitattributes feature is probably the most closely
> > matching feature of git, related to the svn:eol-style property. Once
> > git-1.8 has been distributed widely enough, we probably will have this
> > problem solved with git's gitattributes file on the git side as well.
> > Until then, we should probably keep an eye on setting svn:eol-style
> > correctly.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Christian
>
> You are not saying this explicitly, but should I conclude from your
> explanation that the .gitattributes file is new in git-1.8 ? I thought
> it was introduced in git 1.7.2 [1]. But if it was later, that certainly
> would explain why it worked on my system and not on Mike's or John's.

Sorry, I don't know. But as the feature is still relatively new (and I'm sure
this feature was not yet available 1-2 years ago), I think it's safe to assume
newer git version are still introducing additional flavours of that feature.
That's why I would also assume your mismatch between Mike's and your system
might be caused by the different git versions.

Christian