[gnucash-htdocs] Change GnuCash website `Mailing Lists' link name

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Jan 13 15:19:45 EST 2013

Am Sonntag, 13. Januar 2013, 01:35:23 schrieb Yawar Amin:
> John,
>
> On 2013-01-12, at 18:16, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
> > That's not really a simplification. Worse, I think that if you call it
> > that then people will think that they're web forums, and we have enough
> > trouble with nabble users who don't understand that they're using a web
> > interface to a mailing list.
> How about 'email discussion forums'?
>
> And also, wouldn't they realise that it's all email-based immediately on
> hitting the wiki page? I can definitely tweak the wiki page a bit to make
> that obvious to non-techies.

I didn't realize so far that "mailing list" is such an unknown term among the
non-tech users, but maybe you're right. Maybe for the non-tech audience, using
the word "forum" (maybe indeed as "email discussion forum") leads to a more
suitable expectation with respect to what they will actually see.

The explanation on the wiki page can certainly help here. Feel free to make
this more clear.

> > How about a section on the main web page between "Feature Highlights"
> > and "News" titled "Need Help?" that emphasizes reading the Concept
> > Guide and suggests our large, friendly community on the user's mailing
> > list and mentions that it's available on the web via nabble?
> Definitely. 'Need help?' is clear and obvious. I'll see what I can do on
> that.

Yes.

Regards,

Christian