Longer term projects

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jan 15 03:53:02 EST 2013

Phil,

Did you ever get around looking into an improved preferences system ?

At the time we discussed future projects, GSettings was not an option
because we couldn't depend on glib 2.26. Meanwhile our base requirements
have bumped anyway to gtk 2.24 (which implies at least glib 2.26), so
now we're free to use GSettings in trunk.

I bring this up again because lately we seem to get more and more
Windows users having problems storing their preferences based on the old
gconf setup.

Geert