Backport policy regarding new strings ?

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 09:47:38 EST 2013

Hi,

On 2013-01-19 04:12, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Yawar has got a patch ready to commit to both trunk and 2.4 that adds
> a new tip of the day entry.
>
> Somewhere I seem to have picked up that no new translatable strings
> should be introduced in the stable branch unless strictly necessary.
>
> Is my memory correct or what is the exact backport policy on new
> strings ?

I haven't seen anything about a new string freeze in recent times,
either in the wiki[1] or in the archives.[2]

Can anyone shed some light on the current status?

Regards,

Yawar

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/String_Freeze
[2]
http://search.gmane.org/?query=%22string+freeze%22&author=&group=gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.devel&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&[=1&TOPDOC=20&xP=string%09freeze&xFILTERS=Gcomp.gnome.apps.gnucash.devel---A