My Curiosity is Piqued: svn.gnucash Directory Restructuring

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jan 19 16:16:37 EST 2013

On 19-01-13 21:47, David T. wrote:
> I am sure that my ignorance is showing, but...
>
> I was looking at Bug 633590 on Bugzilla, and Yawar linked to a document on svn.gnucash.org--but the link was broken. It appears that the English documentation tree has been moved into a folder named "C", and I was just wondering why the change was made, and what the folder name signifies.
>
> TIA,
> David
"C" refers to the default locale on linux computers. For most technical
people it's more or less synonymous to "US English".

The change was mostly done as a convenience for the web scripts. With
this change one set of rules can be used to find all versions of the
documentation in all languages.

In most cases, you don't browse the files directly on svn.gnucash.org,
but via www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml. There are proper links there that
hide the technical notation for the casual user.

HTH,

Geert