My Curiosity is Piqued: svn.gnucash Directory Restructuring

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 19:37:27 EST 2013

Geert--

Thanks for the information.

See below ...

________________________________

So, why wouldn't the US English folder be "en_us"? Wouldn't that be more
 globally equal? It would also be clearer to us non-techie types that it
 wasn't a reference to the programming language.

>In most cases, you don't browse the files directly on svn.gnucash.org, but via www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml. There are proper links there that hide the technical notation for the casual user.

... which raises a (minor) point that has irked me. The new framed presentation on gnucash.org of the documentation hides the true documentation URL, which means that when I want to refer someone on gnucash-users to a specific page in the documentation, I have to {CTRL-Click|Right-Click} on the appropriate link so that I can get the actual link that will get them directly to the section that will give them information on their topic.

Thanks again,
David