Issue running git-svn-mirror script on code

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 21 09:11:52 EST 2013

Hey all,

Geert and I were working over the weekend to try to set up an svn->git
mirror on code.  Alas, I seem to have an issue that I don't know how to
fix.

I did:

  git clone <url>
  git svn init --stdlayout file:///repo/gnucash-docs
  git-update
  git-svn-mirror update .

After doing a bunch of stuff I get this output:

To <git clone URL>
 ! [rejected]        svn/1.8 -> 1.8 (non-fast-forward)
 ! [rejected]        svn/2.0 -> 2.0 (non-fast-forward)
 ! [rejected]        svn/2.2 -> 2.2 (non-fast-forward)
 ! [rejected]        svn/2.4 -> 2.4 (non-fast-forward)
 ! [rejected]        svn/lentity -> lentity (non-fast-forward)
 ! [rejected]        svn/trunk -> trunk (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@code.gnucash.org/gnucash-docs.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') before pushing again.  See the
'Note about fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.
push origin: command returned error: 1

I get this in all the repositories.  I thought I was following all the
instructions in the wiki, so I don't understand what might be wrong.
I'll also note that I had to manually add the [svn2git] section in the
config, as well as the [svn] section, if that makes a difference?  I
also had to manually change the fetch and pull lines in both the remote
"origin" and svn-remote sections.

I'll also note that in one repo I removed the [branch "trunk"] section,
as it wasn't in the example on the wiki.  But that caused git-update to
fail with:

You asked to pull from the remote 'origin', but did not specify
a branch. Because this is not the default configured remote
for your current branch, you must specify a branch on the command line.
pull --rebase origin: command returned error: 1

So I am stuck...