Issue running git-svn-mirror script on code

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 25 11:35:41 EST 2013

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> That's correct.
>
> <Pedantic> Strictly speaking you could _try_ to push but the attempt
> would fail due to insufficient permissions. That's because the
> gitolite repos are configured read-only, and will remain so as long as
> the svn->gitolite bridge is in use. </Pedantic>

Yep, right now only the git-svn converter can push into gitolite.

> But the point is indeed exactly that: as long as svn is in the
> equation, we can' t push directly to git(olite). Thanks for bringing
> this up, so we can state that very explicitly.

Just for the record, the things left to do are:

1) get gitolite to push to github -- this will require a github reset
2) convert www to use git and get gitolite to signal an update instead
   of svn
3) send emails from gitolite instead of svn