Gnucash is going to be featured on the SourceForge front page

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jan 26 17:57:17 EST 2013

On Jan 26, 2013, at 12:19 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2013, at 12:53 AM, Cristian Marchi <cri79 at libero.it> wrote:
>
>> I have a small list of visual improvements suggestions for the sourceforge page:
>> - change the logo (the blue credit card) with the one used in the top-left of the wiki pages (or the GnuCash icon without the text).
>> - change name from Gnucash to GnuCash (if it is possible...)
>> - add screenshots of GnuCash running on windows and Mac (I can only take some screen under win XP, it would be good to also have screenshots for newer version of windows...).
>>
>> What others think? can someone take screenshots under Mac or Windows 8?
>
> I changed the logo -- we need to get rid of the credit card on the webpage, too, I'll do that in a minute -- and changed Gnucash to GnuCash (though I actually prefer Gnucash).
>
> I also put up a couple of Mac screenshots. We're limited to 6 in all, so it would be nice to replace a couple of the Windows ones with some attractively-themed Linux ones. I don't think that the Windows XP shots look noticeably different from Win7/8 at the scale SF displays them.

Well, I tried to change the logo, but the new one shows up only on the admin and mailing list pages. I've filed a ticket [1] with SF.

I also fixed the wiki button to point to our wiki and added a support button, which points to the FAQ page. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to include mailing lists which aren't sf ones there.

There's also one, private, mailing list for GSOC Mentors from 2011. When a user (as opposed to someone registered with sf as a Gnucash admin or developer) clicks on the resulting button, it shows a blank page. I propose to delete that page, which will also delete the mailing list. Does anyone care?

Regards,
John Ralls