no git patchset from .news files? (was Re: gnucash-htdocs branch master updated. svn_last-12-g3580119)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jul 10 21:10:43 EDT 2013

On Wed, July 10, 2013 5:35 pm, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Op 10/07/13 05:44, John Ralls schreef:
>> On Jul 9, 2013, at 2:47 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

[snip]
>>> What do we need to do to debug and fix this?
>
> I have seen this as well. I'm currently abroad and won't be able to look
> into this until I'm back.

Ah, okay, well have a good holiday then!

[snip]
> Unless you want to completely rewrite the mail script ? The script I've
> used seems to be commonly used in other git repositories as well. It
> takes some getting used to, particularly due to our familiarity with the
> svn commit mails.

Personally while I liked having the first line of the log message listed
in the subject, I think I can live with this change.

>> Are these scripts writable by others besides you and Geert? (I think
>> that's yes and that
>> they're in the gitomatic setup, but I don't remember how to get to
>> them). If so and if Geert doesn't have time I can take a whack at it on
>> Thursday.

You now have access...

> You're welcome to look into it. Particularly why the script insists on
> sending the same mail twice instead of one short summary and one with
> complete patches. I have configured the gnucash and gnucash-docs
> repositories in gitolite on code.gnucash.org to send mails using the
> same script to two of my private e-mail adresses on pushes, and those
> work properly. So I really wonder why the gnucash-htdocs configuration
> is not working as it should.

I'm not convinced that is what it is doing, because ISTR that it *did*
send out patches sometimes.  It's just not always doing it.  Or maybe I am
misremembering the output..

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745