no git patchset from .news files? (was Re: gnucash-htdocs branch master updated. svn_last-12-g3580119)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jul 11 17:19:08 EDT 2013

On Jul 10, 2013, at 6:10 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

> On Wed, July 10, 2013 5:35 pm, Geert Janssens wrote:
>
>> You're welcome to look into it. Particularly why the script insists on
>> sending the same mail twice instead of one short summary and one with
>> complete patches. I have configured the gnucash and gnucash-docs
>> repositories in gitolite on code.gnucash.org to send mails using the
>> same script to two of my private e-mail adresses on pushes, and those
>> work properly. So I really wonder why the gnucash-htdocs configuration
>> is not working as it should.
>
> I'm not convinced that is what it is doing, because ISTR that it *did*
> send out patches sometimes.  It's just not always doing it.  Or maybe I am
> misremembering the output..

I just looked through the mail archives. It's not sending out the same email, it's failing to include any log output in both emails. That broke between 25 and 29 May  -- the last "good" output was 25 May, the first "bad" output 29 May. Geert committed a bunch of changes in between.

Regards,
John Ralls