no git patchset from .news files? (was Re: gnucash-htdocs branch master updated. svn_last-12-g3580119)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jul 11 14:37:22 EDT 2013

On Jul 9, 2013, at 2:47 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Geert,
>
> There appears to be something wrong, still, with the git email script
> with the htdocs repo.  For example, this email just came through:
>
> Cristian Marchi <cmarchi at code.gnucash.org> writes:
>
>> The master branch has been updated
>>       via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-htdocs/commit/35801191 (commit)
>>      from  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-htdocs/commit/f8f95043 (commit)
>>

>> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Summary of changes:
>> news/130528-announce-2.5.2.news |    2 +-
>> news/130707-announce-2.5.3.news |    2 +-
>> 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>>

>> hooks/post-receive
>
> As you can see, there is no patch in the email.  However, if I run "git
> show -C 35801191" manually from code within the htdocs repo I *do* get a
> patch output.  So something is going wrong, somewhere.
>
> What do we need to do to debug and fix this?

The post-receive-email script is run from post-receive as follows:
  postrecmail="$PWD/hooks/post-receive-email"
  export envelopesender="$GL_USER"

  # Send summary mail to gnucash-changes
  export recipients="$(git config hooks.mailinglist1)"
  export custom_showrev="$(git config hooks.showrev1)"
  echo -e "$revs" | "$postrecmail" -x

  # Send full patches to gnucash-patches
  export recipients="$(git config hooks.mailinglist2)"
  export custom_showrev="$(git config hooks.showrev2)"
  echo -e "$revs" | "$postrecmail" -x

What are the contents [hooks] block in the gnucash-htdocs bare repo's config?

IIRC the comments are reversed -- that full patches are supposed to
go to gnucash-changes and summaries to gnucash-patches, but that doesn't
have anything to do with what's actually going on.

Regards,
John Ralls