Release 2.5.3 crashes randomly

Kim Wood kim.wood at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 11 16:54:13 EDT 2013

David,

I agree with John's caution about old & new registers.  I am running Windows
8, and have been using the GnuCash unstable 2.5.3 builds extensively.  I
usually run the latest nightly build, and enter transactions daily.  I do
not recall having a crash over the last month.  My experience is that 2.5.3
is usually stable.  Very occasionally, a new nightly build just won't run.
I agree with Derek that crashes are to be expected with this unstable
branch, and I am comfortable with that.  However, I am not seeing any
crashes.  Mixing old & new registers?

Kim