.jhbuildrc-custom needs update to support clean OSX 10.8.x environment

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jul 19 19:36:40 EDT 2013

On Jul 19, 2013, at 12:41 PM, Max Arai (developer) <developer at bfoinvestments.com> wrote:

> The section of .jhbuildrc-custom looks for a 10.5 SDK.  A new OSX 10.8.x environment installs Xcode 4.6.3, and the command line tools only have SDKs for OSX 10.7 and OSX 10.8
>
> To be consistent with the .jhbuildrc-custom supplied with the GTK bootstrap, the section which currently reads
> (https://github.com/jralls/gnucash-on-osx/blob/master/.jhbuildrc-custom)
>
> #Setup the build. PPC users will need to replace "i386" with
> #"ppc". Don't try to do a universal build, it doesn't work. x86_64 is
> #untested, as is building against the 10.6 or 10.7 SDKs.
> setup_sdk("10.5", "10.5",["i386"])
>
> could be replaced with corresponding code from the GTK supplied .jhbuildrc-custom:
>
> #  Set up a particular target and SDK: For default operation, set the
> # architecture and SDK for the native machine:
> _target = None;
> if _osx_version >= 7.0:
>    _target = "10.7"
> elif _osx_version >= 6.0:
>    _target = "10.6"
> elif _osx_version >= 5.0:
>    _target = "10.5"
> elif _osx_version >= 4.0:
>   _target = "10.4"
>
> setup_sdk(target=_target, sdk_version="native", architectures=[_default_arch])
>
> If this is not appropriate, please let me know.  If it looks ok, how does one go about updating the build process?

.jhbuild-custom is entirely for you. The one in the distribution is just an example. Do whatever you like. Do note that the SDK string is assembled from the version you pass to setup_sdk(), so even if there isn't anything special for a new version in .jhbuildrc it will still build fine against the new SDK. I've already done a successful build against 10.9, for example.