Multi-column Reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 13 10:17:54 EDT 2013

Hi Lauren,

Lauren Murphy <lauren at digital-spin.com> writes:

> Hi there
>
> I have been using GnuCash for my start-up (and I am loving it).
>
> Can someone please help me set up a multi-column report? I want a column
> for the actual monthly spend compared to budget and same for year-to-date.
> Basically just a standard variance report.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.

This is more of a user question and should have been asked on
gnucash-user.  (The gnucash-devel list is more about gnucash
development, unless you're implying that you're trying to *write* the
report?)

GnuCash does have a "multi-column" report, but what it does is let you
run multiple individual reports side-by-side, which might not be exactly
what you want because the rows wont necessarily line up.  If you want a
try "multi-column" report with lined-up rows I'm afraid GnuCash has no
such thing at this time.  Even though it's an often-requested feature,
nobody has donated such a work and none of the active devs have had the
time to explore it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Good Luck,