Github repo

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Jun 23 04:40:29 EDT 2013

Am Freitag, 21. Juni 2013, 17:18:30 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> On Friday 21 June 2013 11:05:20 Buddha Buck wrote:
> > Is https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash the proper repo to fork if I
> > want to do work on Gnucash development?
> >
> > I'd like to develop some command-line utilities that use the Gnucash
> > API to manipulate Gnucash files.  If that works, I'd like to
> > contribute them back to Gnucash.
>
> Yes, that's the one.
>
> If you have experience with git, all you need to know is you can clone that
> repository and you're off. Only keep in mind our development branch is
> called "trunk" (due to our svn legacy) instead of the usual "master" in
> pure git environments.
>
> If you're relatively new to git, we have a wiki page explaining this in a
> little more detail: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git

I think one last issue that isn't mentioned on the wiki page is about the
core.autocrlf property of git. A few days ago I cloned the git repo on a
computer (running Ubuntu 12.04) where I haven't done any gnucash development
before, and immediately I ran into the crlf issues with the files that have a
CRLF line ending (inside packaging/win32 etc.). Maybe it is necessary to set
up the core.autocrlf property globally *before* checking out the cloned
gnucash repo. It took me several attempts, including deleting the
.gitattribute file from the index, until I got reported an unchanged working
copy. Sorry for not providing the exact instructions here, but for a new
computer, this issue seems to be still open.

Regards,

Christian