Base And Gnucash

blfs at comcast.net blfs at comcast.net
Wed May 1 23:32:22 EDT 2013

The problem with Gnucash is that it is hard or perhaps practically impossible to modify unless perhaps one is
very familiar with the program. THis is at least how it used to be.

This makes it practically impossible to switch from our system to GNUcash. IT was some time ago that I tried to work with this
program, but just importing my data was not possible or too difficult.

The advantages of building a financial program based on Base are obvious. The import issue for example is already solved.

Also, it would not be all that difficult to write it. Users could much more easily modify the program and on and on and on. I am not understanding
why there is not such a project. Or is there?