Base And Gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed May 1 23:50:53 EDT 2013

On May 1, 2013, at 8:32 PM, blfs at comcast.net wrote:

> The problem with Gnucash is that it is hard or perhaps practically impossible to modify unless perhaps one is
> very familiar with the program.  THis is at least how it used to be.

That hasn't changed. It's also usually true of all complex programs, and Gnucash is complex, perhaps overly so.

> This makes it practically impossible to switch from our system to GNUcash.  IT was some time ago that I tried to work with this
> program, but just importing my data was not possible or too difficult.
>
> The advantages of building a financial program based on Base are obvious.  The import issue for example is already solved.
>
> Also, it would not be all that difficult to write it.  Users could much more easily modify the program and on and on and on.  I am not understanding
> why there is not such a project.  Or is there?

Whether or not such a project exists or whether or not it would be easy to write has nothing to do with Gnucash, and further discussion on this mailing list is inappropriate.

Regards,
John Ralls