Windows Builds

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 3 13:12:58 EDT 2013

On May 3, 2013, at 9:52 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Thursday 02 May 2013 14:21:42 John Ralls wrote:
> > >
> > > Currently the win32 build server is hung and I don't have time to look
> > > into
> > > this. This should be fixed first.
> >
> > I checked with Derek via IRC and he found that it had hung in scp'ing the
> > 2.4.13 build. The file did transfer at 0322EDT. He cleared the hung process
> > and fired off a daily of (I guess) trunk, then had to leave.
> >
> > It appears that the 2.4 daily (which Derek said that he just reset to
> > weekly) has been blocking the trunk daily from running for the last week.
> > Today's 2.4 daily transferred to code OK, but the last one before that was
> > on 24 April even though all of the logs show a successful completion and
> > there was a commit to that branch on the 25th.
> >

> I manually started the 2.4 build again today after configuring it to build daily again. I started from the dos command out of daily_build.bat. This should give us the same environment as the automatically triggered builds.
>
> This build ran find and uploaded fine, so perhaps there was a network glitch that caused the upload to stall ?

Possible. Derek said that it was Tuesday's rather than Wednesday's build that got hung up, which doesn't explain why Wednesday's trunk build didn't happen. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning.

OTOH, Tuesday's upload to Code appears to have completed, so scp must have gotten hung up after that. Perhaps Code disconnected too soon, before the Win build machine had finished its cleanup?

> I do expect possible issues when building the 2.5.1 tag build. My git migration work also touched this area, but it was never tested. The current tag builds use the unaltered scripts based on the old svn based build environment. I am not sure if the 2.5 series tags are still fully compatible with this. I'll make sure to test this before we hit 2.5.2.

I usually tag from SVN anyway because git-svn tagging does its copy in such a way that it doesn't recognize the tag on reimport. Or at least did. The 2.4.13 tag came through fine. Christian, did you tag it from git or svn?

> But unfortunately I won't be able to do this before 2.5.1: as of tomorrow evening (Saturday) I will not be available until thursday.
>
> So possibly 2.5.1 may require another manual build trigger. We'll see.

I could tag 2.5.1 now...

> Oh, JFYI, I did reset the 2.4 build to a weekly frequency after today's test. The weekly builds run on Monday though, not Thursday as you seem be think.

I figured it would schedule on 7 day intervals from when Derek changed it. No matter, unless we get into a retagging loop again.

Oh, and I'll be away Tuesday and back Sunday.

Regards,
John Ralls