Windows Builds

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 3 15:17:10 EDT 2013

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

>> I manually started the 2.4 build again today after configuring it to build daily again. I started from the dos command out of daily_build.bat. This should give us the same environment as the automatically triggered builds.
>>
>> This build ran find and uploaded fine, so perhaps there was a network glitch that caused the upload to stall ?
>
> Possible. Derek said that it was Tuesday's rather than Wednesday's build that got hung up, which doesn't explain why Wednesday's trunk build didn't happen. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning.
>
> OTOH, Tuesday's upload to Code appears to have completed, so scp must have gotten hung up after that. Perhaps Code disconnected too soon, before the Win build machine had finished its cleanup?

When I went to look at the build server yesterday it was stuck after the
scp of tuesday's 2.4 build.  I killed it and then manually fired off the
daily build using the bat script after turning 2.4 back into a weekly
build.  Geert, I'm not sure why you re-enabled the 2.4 build as a daily,
unless you were trying to test something.

It is certainly possible there was a glitch that caused the hang.  The
build server is getting a little long in the tooth.  Then again, so is
my vm solution.