Windows Builds

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat May 4 04:34:35 EDT 2013

On Friday 03 May 2013 15:17:10 Derek Atkins wrote:
> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:
> >> I manually started the 2.4 build again today after configuring it to
> >> build daily again. I started from the dos command out of
> >> daily_build.bat. This should give us the same environment as the
> >> automatically triggered builds.
> >>
> >> This build ran find and uploaded fine, so perhaps there was a network
> >> glitch that caused the upload to stall ?>
> > Possible. Derek said that it was Tuesday's rather than Wednesday's build
> > that got hung up, which doesn't explain why Wednesday's trunk build
> > didn't happen. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning.
> >
> > OTOH, Tuesday's upload to Code appears to have completed, so scp must have
> > gotten hung up after that. Perhaps Code disconnected too soon, before the
> > Win build machine had finished its cleanup?
> When I went to look at the build server yesterday it was stuck after the
> scp of tuesday's 2.4 build.  I killed it and then manually fired off the
> daily build using the bat script after turning 2.4 back into a weekly
> build.  Geert, I'm not sure why you re-enabled the 2.4 build as a daily,
> unless you were trying to test something.

I indeed wanted to test something. I wanted to simulate a build initiated from the Windows cmd
environment, not from the minwg shell script, just to see if there would be a difference in
behaviour between the two invocation methods. My test didn't reveal any difference, so I have
since reset the frequency to weekly.

Geert