Time for 2.5.1

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 6 09:32:02 EDT 2013

On 5/5/2013 3:25 AM, Robert Fewell wrote:
> Alex,
>
> There is only one header row but the titles change depending on which row
> you are on in the register. This is deliberate to utilises the sort model.
>
> I did not think it was necessary to have the extra number on the
> transaction row, just looked a bit cluttered so have left it out. If you
> think it is required, then raise a bug and I will add it back.
>
> What you have at the moment is my interpretation of the existing register
> with some subtle changes like you have mentioned but should be close to the
> existing unless I have made a hash of it.
>
> As you say, I think if there is some thing to discuss, get opinions on,
> then it would be easier on the list and then raise a bug for that item. If
> there is some thing plain wrong, then raise a bug would be best.
>
> Thank you for trying it,
>
>    Robert.

I have downloaded 2.5.1 for Windows and so far I think it will be a
winner.  I do have a couple of comments.

I think that the look and feel of the new register should be visibly
different from the old register.  I was slightly disappointed when it
looked almost the same as before, particularly in bank account and
credit card account registers.  Your use of the vertical blue line in
future transactions in certain types of registers is one example of
something that I really like.  Maybe one could argue that it should be
in the left hand or right hand border, but I think it really should be
there in all registers.

In previous versions I used to be frustrated sometimes when editing some
multi-line split transactions if a mouse click on a line near the one
that had the current focus moved the entire transaction on the screen
but it did not put the target field under the mouse pointer with the new
focus in the desired field where I had clicked. Then the next keystroke
would end up in the wrong field.  So far I have not found that here.  I
will go back to the old version to see if I can find specific examples
to test.

That is my first 5 minutes of testing this version.

David C