Time for 2.5.1

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Sat May 11 13:04:52 EDT 2013

Mike,

Yes that was correct, I have had a rethink and made some changes which are
in bug 700125 to allow the update on the sub account view. It is dependent
on the account selected, if it is a place holder or a placeholder some
where below it it will be read only. Also, as I am requiring default
account splits in all registers apart from the general ledger, you will
only be able to add transactions for the account you selected but I see no
issue with that.

What did work, was very limited, any thing to do with the transaction
worked but on the splits it would crash.

At the moment, they are only there when the general ledger profile is used
which as you have seen is for the General Ledger View and certain Sub
Account Views. This is the same as existing but it is more visible. The
General Ledger is the only view that has the ability to hide the extra
columns which are all read only. What columns are visible and the ability
to hide them can easily be changed bearing in mind that the profile may be
shared across different registers, this can be seen in
gnc-tree-view-split-register.c starting at line 671.

To resize the columns, you should be able to just double click on the
vertical border. This relies on the under lying GktTreeView but will be
influenced by the title length and the sort arrow so you may not be able to
get them as small as before.

Regards,

       Robert