Time for 2.5.1

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 13 09:43:07 EDT 2013

Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> writes:

> Mike,
>
> Yes that was correct, I have had a rethink and made some changes which are
> in bug 700125 to allow the update on the sub account view. It is dependent
> on the account selected, if it is a place holder or a placeholder some
> where below it it will be read only. Also, as I am requiring default
> account splits in all registers apart from the general ledger, you will
> only be able to add transactions for the account you selected but I see no
> issue with that.

IMHO the "Open Subaccounts" should not be read only unless *EVERY*
account/subaccount is read-only.  When you "Open Subaccounts" it should
act just like the GL in terms of entering transactions, except it's only
showing the subset of transactions from the opened set of accounts.  The
Placeholder bit should only prevent you from selecting that account for
a transaction Split, but you shouldn't be limited in the accounts you
can select.

IMHO when you open subaccounts there does not need to be a "default"
account when you create a new account.  I think it's okay to require the
user to choose both the credit and debit accounts.  And indeed I dont
think you should be able to have a "basic" or event "auto split" ledger
mode in an Open Subaccounts view.