Another 2.5.1 request - this for reports with charts

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 13 14:59:05 EDT 2013

On 5/13/2013 10:29 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On Monday 13 May 2013 09:44:21 David Carlson wrote:
>
> > Version 2.5.1 Reports that contain charts are not being created in
>
> > Windows 7 64 bit.
>

> > All I see is a white window. The options can be changed, but saving as
>
> > pdf created a blank window and the save as html and trying to view it
>
> > with Firefox created a memory leak that eventually stalled my entire
>
> > computer.
>

> > Does this deserve a new bug report?
>

> > David C
>

> Perhaps. Let me ask a few questions here first:
>

> - Which report exactly did you have an issue with ?
>
> - Was this report left open the last time you closed gnucash or did
> you open it freshly from the reports menu ?
>
> - Reports without charts do open fine if freshly opened from the
> reports menu ?
>

> Geert

I am glad you asked.

In one case it was a net worth linechart that was left open after being
created initially in release 2.4.13 or earlier.  I did not try to save
this one as pdf or html.

In another case it was a new instance of one of the barchart reports,
probably the asset barchart.  As I recall, I could change date options,
but I did not get back to options before my computer died to see if it
would show a table.  The pdf that it was able to save was completely
blank  The HTML report was saved (I think) but Firefox did not like
trying to open it, then memory usage went up to 98% and it took about 45
minutes to close the programs that I thought might need to save
something before I re-booted.  Even the clock was still showing 10:00 pm
this morning.
During that 45 minutes GnuCash 2.5.1 disappeared but there was no crash
report, so it may have closed cleanly.

Then I needed to work with my real data so I re-installed 2.4.13.  Now I
am re-opening my test file with 2.4.13, but it is taking a long time.
There was no lock file.  The line chart did re-appear, and I think it is
building a bar chart, so we will see, if it ever finishes...  It was the
Assets over time barchart, and it does show a chart in 2.4.13.  The
register2 views were not there.

Another day I can recall opening some other report and seeing values.
That may have been some other asset report

That's all for now.

David C