Content of gnucash-patches/gnucash-changes

Herbert Thoma herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de
Fri May 31 06:13:48 EDT 2013

Am 31.05.2013 10:52, schrieb Geert Janssens:
> I decided to do a a little poll regarding these two lists, to determine how to handle them in
> the (git-only) future:
>
> 1. Which lists are you subscribed to ?
>   a. gnucash-changes
>   b. gnucash-patches
>   c. both
>   d. none

Only gnucash-patches.

> 2. If you're only subscribed to one, why that one ?

IIRC, back then when I joined (more than 10 years ago), there was
only gnucash-patches.

> 3. Do you think gnucash needs two lists ? Why yes or why no ?

I personally need/want only the summaries. I can get the detailed
logs from the version control system (but I still have to get
used to git).

> 4. For the future:
>   a. We should keep the two list as they are now:
>      gnucash-changes should have the detailed logs
>      gnucash-patches should have the summaries
>   b. We should keep two lists, but swap the contents:
>      gnucash-patches should have the detailed logs
>      gnucash-changes should have the summaries
>   c. I think we only need one list with detailed logs
>   d. I think we only need one list with summaries

Least hassle for me is to keep everything as it is ;-).

 Herbert.

> You may motivate your answers :)
>
> Geert

Herbert Thoma
Dipl.-Ing., MBA
Head of Video Group
Multimedia Realtime Systems Department
Fraunhofer IIS
Am Wolfsmantel 33, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Phone: +49-9131-776-6130
Fax:   +49-9131-776-6099
email: tma at iis.fhg.de
www: http://www.iis.fhg.de/