2.6 roadmap

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Nov 4 17:06:52 EST 2013

On Nov 4, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> With 2.5.7 out of the door, I would like to look ahead at 2.6.
> I have just gone through the open bugs targeting the 2.6 milestone and 
> reduced the set from 21 to 14. Some of the bugs I removed were actually 
> bugs against register2 which is not a feature for 2.6 any more. Some 
> need more info before we can decide (now marked as NEEDINFO).
> Are these bugs the remaining issues for 2.6 or is someone still working 
> on something that should get included ?
> In these bugs I don't see anything that would still introduce major 
> translation changes.
> There may be one translation issue left though: normally the gsettings 
> schemas are translatable, but they currently aren't properly marked for 
> translation. If I do that, this will include lots of translatable 
> strings. Most of them were already in the gconf schema, so ideally most 
> translations will simply be reused from before. I haven't tested this 
> though.
> Question is: can we do a string freeze now, or should we wait for this 
> to get fixed ?
> From earlier conversations, the last plan was to release 2.6 by the end 
> of the year. Is this realistic ?

We should wait for you to fix the strings.

As long as there aren’t any killer bugs, I think the December 3 release can
be RC1 and plan for 2.6 between Christmas and New Year’s Eve.

I’ll do a review of the 2.5 bugs this week and add anything serious to the roadmap.
I’ve also just found a crash in the SX editor that I’m debugging right now.

John Ralls

More information about the gnucash-devel mailing list