Number to Words and licencing

Graham Menhennitt graham at menhennitt.com.au
Mon Nov 4 17:26:26 EST 2013

On 05/11/2013 08:58, John Ralls wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2013, at 1:48 PM, David Carlson <carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Why have we not heard from anyone  'Down Under' about this issue?  I
>> would expect that checks would still be used in places such as Australia
>> and New Zealand.  Also, what about South America or Asia?
>>
> Well, the folks in New Zealand and Australia mostly use English, so they’re
> probably happy with the way it is now.
>
> The others are mostly on the users list, which is why I asked over there.

Cheques are used in Aus, but increasingly rarely. I can't imagine
anybody who is likely to be both a GnuCash user and a cheque printer
(only large institutions like banks and insurance companies). There are
no particular requirements on what the spelled out numbers need to look
like. As John says, the English functionality is fine for us.

Graham