[Patch] Bug 712640: gnc-engine.c parallel optimization

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Nov 19 14:43:44 EST 2013

On Tuesday 19 November 2013 16:21:44 Alex Kempster wrote:
> Hi Geert,
>
> Thank you very much for the feedback, i am just cautious about
> stepping on toes!
>
> I have made the wiki changes as you have suggested. I will have a
> think on the best way to guide a newcomer through and try to draft
> something up over the next week or so.
>
> I will also do some research into unit testing to see if this is
> something i could tackle, is there any particular unit that you would
> recommend to start with or should i just pick a small unit and try it
> out?

The engine and qof are the two libraries that need unit testing the most. Both modules have a
number of unit tests already, but many parts are not covered yet.

You can check which unit tests are available in
src/engine/test and src/libqof/qof/test.

You can pick any part that is not covered yet in these tests and see if you can write unit tests
for these.

Good luck !

Geert