Building from git on OS X

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Oct 2 01:25:47 EDT 2013

On Oct 1, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> John,
>
> With your guidance on IRC and in PM, I managed to build my gsettings  branch. That's the good news.
>
> The bad news is that there's no sign of settings being stored or retrieved. All settings are at their defaults and won't change no matter what :(
>
> In addition the build is pretty unstable. I can't open an existing file, the app simply crashes, the New File menu item doesn't work...
>
> This is rather frustrating.
>
> I'll talk to you on IRC to see what can be done next.

Geert,

I got ORBit2 patched and setup, built Gnucash and got the same gtk-mac-integration crash you reported on IRC. As you predicted, it was a double-release bug, which
I've fixed and released, so you should be able to get a clean build and start working on what's wrong with GSettings.

Regards,
John Ralls