2.5.6 is broken on Windows

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Oct 8 09:55:53 EDT 2013

The svn version that is currently tagged to become 2.5.6 is broken on
Windows.

It will compile (at least locally here for me), but will crash at startup.
The reason is that guile chokes on single backslashes in strings.

It gets such strings from the preferences migration code that was
added yesterday. I have been looking at ways to avoid it but my
windows build system is slowing me down tremendously :(

I have some code ready that I verified to be still working fine on linux.
I'm just waiting for my build on Windows to finish to test if it will work
there.

Geert