2.5.6 is broken on Windows - But the released version has been fixed

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Oct 9 09:47:38 EDT 2013

Just in case someone missed it:

Gnucash 2.5.6 which got officially released today does not exhibit the crash anymore. I pushed
a patch yesterday to fix it.

It won't migrate your preferences yet though on that platform. The fix for that issue didn't
make it into the release.

The nightly build as of this morning does have the patch that should preferences migration
work. So if you like to test the preference migration from Gconf to GSettings on Windows, you
will have to download the nightly build instead of the release. The nightly build can be found at
http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/trunk/
Pick any installer from October 9th or more recent.

Geert