Register2

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Oct 14 13:52:32 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear about your computer crash. I wish you good luck in restoring your working
environment(s).

Based on your feedback I propose to disable the register2 work for now to get 2.6 out of the
door as planned in December. I seem to remember you were rather careful to keep the register2
code separate from the old code, so disabling should be a relatively simple matter, right ?

On which road is best for the new register, I can't really comment. I have no experience at all
with cairo, nor with the current register's internals. So I can't estimate which path would be the
easiest/fastest, and much less so which one would be the best in the long run.

Geert