Register2

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Oct 21 16:30:07 EDT 2013

On Oct 21, 2013, at 1:10 PM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have added a patch to bug 673193 to remove all new register2 files and
> amend existing files to restore the register back to the original setup. I
> will progress the register2 changes off line and try to resolve the
> existing open bugs.

Robert,

Glad you've gotten your computer sorted.

Are you sure you want to blow everything away rather than take Geert's suggestion
to disable it with a configure option?

If you're sure about that, would it help for you to have a branch in SVN so that
other devs can build and test your work? We can make the branch before applying the
reversion patch so that we won't be re-applying all of those earlier patches when
you've got your fix-ups completed.

There's an alternative as well: You can create an account on Github, clone the
Gnucash repo, and create a branch there that you can push to at will.

Regards,
John Ralls