Register2

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Oct 22 14:34:10 EDT 2013

On Monday 21 October 2013 21:39:45 Robert Fewell wrote:
> I just thought it would be simpler, I must admit that I still do not
> really use SVN / GIT as it should, just the bit I need to get the
> source to my VM.
>
> Leaving it there would involve adding a load of idef's so I took the
> simpler option, may be I will go the git way and work out how to use
> that properly but in the mean time just removing it made sense to
> me..
>
> Robert

Robert,

I have applied your reversing patch (r23314). I had to tweak the changes
to dialog-preferences.glade because of my changes to that file in the
previous commit, but that's not important.

I do encourage you to get used to svn/git, and as John proposes, clone
the gnucash repository on github. I'm not sure what would be the best
starting point for a branch, r23314 (which you would revert immediately
in your next commit), or r23313, which doesn't need any reverting. Both
will cause some rebasing/merging issues eventually. Perhaps John has a
better idea.

In any case, it would be good if you regularly push your development
branch in your github clone so other developers can follow your
progress.

Geert