german translation

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Thu Oct 24 08:19:43 EDT 2013

Hi Martin,

thanks for your interest in contributing to the German translation.
Our general explanations with respect to translations are here:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation

As for the "strange translations": I guess you encountered strings
marked with the "#, fuzzy" marker line. As explained on the wiki page
in this section:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Translating_the_.po_file
Strings with "fuzzy" mark are not translated at all. The tools add a
suggestion for the translations, but as long as the fuzzy mark is
there, the translation will never appear anywhere in the program.

For further progress, please keep in mind to coordinate your work with
the existing previous translator (for German: myself, Christian
Stimming). If you have any questions, I suggest asking directly on the
German-speaking mailing list gnucash-de at gnucash.org . Thanks a lot in
advance!

Regards,

Christian