core dump latest svn build

Gregory rollenwiese at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 15:37:32 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm not sure where the problem here lies, with my linux distribution
(Arch), or with the build process (which apparently completes
successfully).

Now, after building the latest SVN build as of this morning, I'm getting
a core dump immediately upon execution. The trace file contains the
following message:

* 14:05:28 OTHER <GLib-GIO> Settings schema 'org.gnucash.general' is not
installed

If I build the 2.5.5 package from sourceforge, the same commands below
result in a successful installation.

Any insight would be appreciated.

- --

Build command from the package file. The variable in braces are
temporary directories:

  cd "${srcdir}/${_svnname}"
  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure \
    --disable-error-on-warning \
    --disable-schemas-install \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --mandir=/usr/share/man \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --libexecdir=/usr/lib \
    --enable-ofx \
    --enable-aqbanking
  make

Followed by:

  cd "${srcdir}/${_svnname}"
  make GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL=1 DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install

  cd src/doc/design
  make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install-info

  install -dm755 "${pkgdir}/usr/share/gconf/schemas"
  gconf-merge-schema
"${pkgdir}/usr/share/gconf/schemas/${pkgname}.schemas" --domain gnucash
"${pkgdir}"/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas
  rm -f "${pkgdir}"/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas

The schema that is attempted to be merged looks like this, which seems
like it could be wrong as the XML from the 2.5.5 contains much data:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconfschemafile><schemalist>
</schemalist></gconfschemafile>

- --