gnucash-devel archive search not working

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Sep 7 04:55:59 EDT 2013

On Friday 06 September 2013 23:29:57 Robert Ratliff wrote:
> I was trying to search the archives about a different question when I
> realized that the search feature is broken.
>
> Visiting this page:
>
> https://lists.gnucash.org/search/?idxname=gnucash-devel
>
> leads to gibberish. It is linked to from here:

> Regards,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

This is a known issue for which we didn't find a solution yet. The
search page used to be based on namazu, but this has become unmaintained
and is no longer compatible with more recent distributions.

You can search the archives for example via google, by using the
site:lists.gnucash.org site extension. So if you want to search for
"python", you can enter this in the google search field:
"python site:lists.gnucash.org"

Geert

P.S. I hope in the future we can fix this issue when hyperkitty will be
more stable. It looks like a promising front-end for mailman 3.