writing and ofx plugin

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Apr 20 17:56:12 EDT 2014

On Apr 20, 2014, at 6:47 AM, greg nwosu <greg.nwosu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to write a plugin to enable ofx support with natwest bank, im
> thinking of writing a simple web crawler that will login to internet
> banking and request an ofx export of accounts.
>
> I would prefer to write it in python or java but I'm happy enough to write
> it in C .
>
> Can anyone suggest an area of the code where i can plug this in?
> Is the code already "pluggable" or will i have to hack my way in.
> Any suggestions or templates of code that can be changed slightly would be
> greatly appreciated.
> Any resources for beginning to code for gnucash would be greatly
> appreciated.

You should look at src/import-export/import-ofx to begin with.

The interfaces for hooking into the menus are in src/gnome-utils/gnc-plugin-manager.c. You should be able to register the plugin callback from the Python bindings, though I don’t know that anyone has tried that.

Good luck!

Regards,
John Ralls