Translation problems with planned transactions schedule

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 21 12:18:04 EDT 2014

On Apr 20, 2014, at 12:55 PM, Dmitry Pavlov <zeldigas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for delay: here is the branch: https://github.com/zeldigas/gnucash/tree/scheduled_i18n_fix
> Last commit contains planned changes. To minimize diff I applied updated pot file only for ru.po (most other po are outdated, so there was a lot of changed lines).
> I'd be glad if someone could check these changes for compatibility with minimum lib version requirements, etc and ping me back if all is good. In case of that, I will update another po files with msgmerge and make pull request.

If I understand correctly, the two changes are creating context, which requires a certain minimum version of xgettext, and then using the context in the GtkBuilder ui files, which requires a minimum version of Gtk+. The latter was added in 5f3729b8, in July 2007. git describe says that's GTK_2_11_5-50-g5f3729b, so it was released in Gtk-2.12, so that part's OK. That also implies tat the context function has also been in gettext for at least as long, so that shouldn't be a worry, either.

There’s another consideration, though: You need to see if C or Scheme code is affected. C isn’t much of a problem, just change gettext() to pgettext() and add the context string. The Guile gettext implementation doesn’t seem to include pgettext(), so that might be a problem.

Regards,
John Ralls