segfaults when running graphical reports

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Apr 24 08:14:23 EDT 2014

Thank you for digging deeper into this issue.

I hadn't been following this thread in detail but the attached patch
caught my (maintainer's) attention.

Personally I'm not too fond of adding this workaround into gnucash. Your
conversation with the readline upstream indicates this is not an issue
that originates in gnucash.

The way I understand your message is that GnuCash receives a SIGTTOU
signal and halts. It receives this signal because it wants to write to
standard output while being backgrounded.

Some googling got me to this page:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10588334/unix-background-process-stopped-abnormally

The answer explains that SIGTTOU is emitted depending on the settings of
the current terminal.

You can test this for your terminal with the command
stty -a
and check if tostop is set.

I could reproduce his halt by running
stty tostop
gnucash &
in my bash session on Fedora 20 (which uses readline 6.2). In my case it
did halt when "Finance::Quote" was displayed in the splash screen.

Did your upgrade to gnucash 2.6.3 happen around the same time of a zsh
update ?

Geert