segfaults when running graphical reports

Thomas Klausner tk at giga.or.at
Thu Apr 24 13:05:04 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 02:14:23PM +0200, Geert Janssens wrote:
> The way I understand your message is that GnuCash receives a SIGTTOU
> signal and halts. It receives this signal because it wants to write to
> standard output while being backgrounded.
>
> Some googling got me to this page:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10588334/unix-background-process-stopped-abnormally
>
> The answer explains that SIGTTOU is emitted depending on the settings of
> the current terminal.
>
> You can test this for your terminal with the command
> stty -a
> and check if tostop is set.

# stty -a
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe echok echoke -echonl echoctl
        -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho pendin -nokerninfo
        -extproc
Looks like it's not set.

> I could reproduce his halt by running
> stty tostop
> gnucash &
> in my bash session on Fedora 20 (which uses readline 6.2). In my case it
> did halt when "Finance::Quote" was displayed in the splash screen.
>
> Did your upgrade to gnucash 2.6.3 happen around the same time of a zsh
> update ?

No, it didn't correspond to the update to 2.6.3. It happened around
the readline update to 6.3, but I'm not exactly sure about the timing.

Can you try with readline 6.3, just to have another datapoint with
that version?
 Thomas