segfaults when running graphical reports

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Apr 24 15:07:00 EDT 2014

On Thursday 24 April 2014 19:05:04 Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 02:14:23PM +0200, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > The way I understand your message is that GnuCash receives a SIGTTOU
> > signal and halts. It receives this signal because it wants to write
> > to standard output while being backgrounded.
> >
> > Some googling got me to this page:
> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10588334/unix-background-process-> > stopped-abnormally
> >
> > The answer explains that SIGTTOU is emitted depending on the
> > settings of the current terminal.
> >
> > You can test this for your terminal with the command
> > stty -a
> > and check if tostop is set.
>
> # stty -a
> lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe echok echoke -echonl echoctl
>         -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho pendin -nokerninfo
> -extproc
> Looks like it's not set.

It's not set indeed (-tostop). I more or less expected this to be the
case but hoped to be wrong... Your gnucash already halted when loading
the python bindings where mine only halted when loading Finance::Quote
which comes later.

> > I could reproduce his halt by running
> > stty tostop
> > gnucash &
> > in my bash session on Fedora 20 (which uses readline 6.2). In my
> > case it did halt when "Finance::Quote" was displayed in the splash
> > screen.
> >
> > Did your upgrade to gnucash 2.6.3 happen around the same time of a
> > zsh update ?
>
> No, it didn't correspond to the update to 2.6.3. It happened around
> the readline update to 6.3, but I'm not exactly sure about the timing.
>
> Can you try with readline 6.3, just to have another datapoint with
> that version?
>  Thomas
I'll have to compile this for Fedora 20 as there's no rpm available.

What version of python are you using by the way ?

Geert