Old bug cleanup

Michalis Kamprianis michalis at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 29 18:22:19 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I started using GnuCash a couple of months ago, and I started working on some functionality that I need.
Looking through the old bugs, as a method to get accustomed to the code and the concepts used (plus a way to brush up my poor coding skills and solve some minor existing issues), I noticed that several of them are either too old to make sense any more, or already resolved but not marked as such.

My questions are:
- What is the support policy of GnuCash? Which version is the oldest supported one, in which bugs should be resolved?
- If I try to compile a list of already resolved bugs (and verify that they are resolved in latest 2.6.3 or master), will that help anybody to close them, so that we get a better understanding of what needs to be done?

Regards
Michalis