Gnucash c++

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Aug 13 18:42:37 EDT 2014

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:21:59 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Ummm.. No.

OK.

> The benefit of C -> C++ is that except for a few minor issues with
> keywords you can *generally* compile C code using the C++ compiler and
> it will *just work*.

That's clear.

> The same cannot be said for Go or any other language.

Btw, Go team converts Go compiler from C to Go. ;)

> Please read the FAQ entry on "Why don't you (re)write GnuCash in <your
> favorite language>" at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ

Well, being in #gnucash I got the feeling that there is plan to abandon
glib, rewrite the engine and possibly even to consider Qt 'cause
without glib, one is not tied so much to GTK any longer.

Considering that C --> C++ (and taking advantage of it) might be more
strange than C --> Go which is created to be picked easily by C devs, I
did throw my suggestion.

Otoh, I believe that C --> C++ is not to be done in order to just
increase build time.* :-)

* Rob Bike from the Go team says that long build times (~45mins) for C++
* projects was the time when Go was conceived. ;)

I'm aware of FAQ entry, but was thinking that GC is on the verge of
possible (partial) rewrite.

All the best!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction,
is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position,

--
An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery,
which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kuntī,