GitHub program problem

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Aug 21 14:41:09 EDT 2014

On Aug 21, 2014, at 10:46 AM, Per Johansson <per at johansson.name> wrote:

> I am using the GitHub program "Responder Train (185)" on OS X 10.9.4 to access the repository. It works except for one strange problem.
>
> Primary remote repository:
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash
>

> Opening History, selecting branch maint, I see it was last updated 15 August. Same with branch trunk. But branch master is said to be last updated on 12 January. The last update label is "Release 2.4.15".
>
> If I open the repository in the browser, all three branches are updated recently.
>
> Any ideas?

This is a guess, since I don’t use the tool: Although it says that the primary remote repo is our Github mirror, it’s actually reporting status on your local repo, and that repo has master pointed at remotes/origin/2.4 instead of remotes/origin/master.
That’s based on “Release 2.4.15” being the HEAD commit of the 2.4 branch, which is no longer being worked on.

How you managed to get there I can’t say. The fix is most likely to delete the master branch and recreate it to track remotes/origin/master, but I can’t tell you how to do so in Github for Mac; you’ll have to RTFM or contact Github support for that.

Regards,
John Ralls