gnucash-2.6.5 crash on Mac

Derek Babb derek.a.babb at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 12:14:57 EST 2014

Hello,

Just to confirm the issues here, have been using 2.6.4-5 on a Mac quite
happily, upgrade to 2.6.5-2 had similar issues as reported by Jeff,
started to fire up, splash screen comes up and then the help window/tip
of the day (usually blank) and then the program closes. Not much of use
in the logs, the only things I have seen are; the actual exit error on
close (probably not useful) and a bunch of errors complaining about
obsolete function calls..

21/12/2014 11:11:09.043 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]:
(com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x10000007.Gnucash[644]) Service exited
with abnormal code: 1

21/12/2014 17:41:40.014 Gnucash-bin[3599]: The function ‘CGContextErase’
is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately,
this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function,
and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance.

I have dropped back to GNUCash 2.6.3-1 for now which seems to work
fine.  I have been unable to go back to 2.6.4 as it now seems to have
the same issues as 2.6.5 - does that make sense?

I have uninstalled / re-installed several times including clearing all
the config files etc on all versions and got back to v2.6.3-1 for stability.

Mac spec (just in case it matters) iMac, OS X V 10.10.1 8GB Ram, 1TB HD,
2.7GHz Intel Core i5

Best regards, Derek