Python Bindings for Windows

rayalan rayalansaul at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 16:46:37 EST 2014

What is the expectation for Python bindings on Windows for GnuCash 2.6.1?
>From what I've pieced together, they are 'expected' to work if someone wants
to build Windows with them. But after quite a bit of work getting them to
build for Windows (see my documentation here
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows/Development#Python_Bindings).

Now that they build, I'm finding that when I import them, Python crashes.
>From the event log, the problem is in libglib-2.0-0.dll (gnome) with an
unknown application error (0x40000015).

So a couple questions:
- Are people running the Python bindings under Windows?
- Are there known problems with gnome and gnucash? (Google says unknown
application error and gnome aren't exactly strangers.)
- Any tips for forward progress who are more familiar with
gnome/gnucash/Python bindings? Builds are pretty slow on my computer (I
didn't think it was that out of date), so configuration changes tend to be
particularly expensive.

Thanks,
Alan