gnucash don't start properly (in some cases)

Johannes Kapune listen at kapune.de
Fri Feb 14 14:23:32 EST 2014

Hello John,

thanks for answer ... but

Am 14.02.2014 16:21, schrieb John Ralls:

> On Feb 14, 2014, at 4:04 AM, Johannes Kapune <listen at kapune.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear all again.
>>
>> I come again with some new information
>>
>> Am 09.02.2014 17:16, schrieb Johannes Kapune:
>>> Dear all again,

>> if I start than GnuCash with option --nofile it opens and I can use my data-file.
>> After this Gnucash opens by using its icon.
>> This I can do several times.
>>
>> If I open Gnucash and do no changes to my data-file and close it - after this I can not open GnuCash by icon.
>>
>> Is this a problem on my pc or is it a problem of something around GnuCash?
>
> What happens when GnuCash doesn't open after you click the icon? You said that the "Since Last Run" dialog appears, but it's supposed to. What happens after that?

no, the problem with the "since last run" was solved by menu option.
Actual "not very well behavior" is only not starting GnuCash after using
the icon!

> Have you looked at the tracefile, particularly after having started GnuCash with the --debug option?
I have only looked for trace file after normal start and than it has
length = 0

I will try to repeat with --debug option and keep you informed (but how
to do this by clicking the icon?) mmh... I will try to get it not
starting on command line again ...

> Regards,
> John Ralls

Johannes