Replacement for libdbi

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Jan 12 14:02:04 EST 2014

On Jan 12, 2014, at 9:42 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> ODB looks promising. If distro packagers are willing to package it (Debian's Sébastien Villemot
> seemed ok with it already provided it can be packaged) that would be the best candidate IMO.

ODB does look interesting.  As far as I can tell none of the Mac package managers (MacPorts, Fink, and Homebrew) has it available.  Is that correct or am I missing something?  This is mainly an issue for people who build GnuCash from source on a Mac, and only the subset of those who use MacPorts, Fink, or Homebrew to get the dependencies.  That subset may be just me, so it may not matter.  Adding ODB to MacPorts shouldn't be too hard.  I'm less familiar with the other package managers, but it should be possible to add it to them too.

         Mike